A while back, I posted that I would start accepting guest posts on my blog. I think it's a nice way to share my space with people who don't necessarily have a place to speak their mind or tell a story. So here is roughly what I am expecting.
Depending on how this goes, I will publish one guest post per week.
Your post must be on one of four topics:
- photography (business, news, gear, how-to, etc)
- the art world (artists, exhibitions, etc)
- social media (strategy, tips, etc)
- short stories (if you feel inspired by one of my photos and would like to write a short story)
Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- your post must be original work and not previously published on the web.
- you agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- you may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or website, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter or Facebook.
- your post should be at least 500 words long.
- I may, if needed, copyedit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make substantive changes (which is unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why I think the post is important. I will make sure that my comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that my readers are clear that these are mine and not yours.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that in my sole judgment add value to my readers.
Furthermore, if I do not approve your guest post, I will not explain why I did not approve it or provide any detail. Frankly, that would take more time than I can afford.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration.
- Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Please include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, Facebook friends or fans, and Twitter followers.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.
Now things are up to you!