AFTER DIMITRI: made in the USA.
Welcome to the last post of AFTER DIMITIRI. After, Russia, Mongolia and China, we flew to North America. We spent a couple of days in Vancouver before heading south to Seattle and picking up our rental car. The US of A is the best country for road trips! We drove from Seattle to Boston via LA, Austin, New Orleans, Florida and up the East coast. In 23 days, we drove a little over 11’00 kilometers, crossed 21 states and had an amazing time!
For some unexplainable reason, I didn’t take many photos in the US. I don’t know if it comes from the feeling of being at home or because my gear was packed in the car and I didn’t want to attract attention by unpacking and repacking it, but the fact is most of my US photos were shot with the iPhone.
I actually took a lot of iPhone pictures from the car while driving across the country and I might make a small book from them, I think it’ll be fun to see them all together in a chronological order.
Anyway, here are some of the most memorable memories from this road trip:
- sleeping in the car on a motel parking lot;
- nearly hitting 2 gigantic elks at 5:30am in Oregon;
- the Pacific Ocean;
- Sedona, Arizona;
- Big Sur;
- In-n-Out burgers;
- cross the border to Mexico, have a virgin margarita and queue for over an hour to cross back to the USA;
- being in NOLA when hurricane Isaac hit ground;
- coming out even at Las Vegas, Nevada;
- Washington, DC;
- driving 12-hours to surprise my Grand-Father with a visit and another 12 hours to get back on track;
- driving into NYC for a couple of hours to share a bagel with some friends and getting a ticket for bad parking — most expensive bagel ever;
- seeing license plates from all 50 states;
- the Grand Canyon;
- Red Wood national park;
- having great weather in Seattle, Washington;
- going on set at Warner Bros. thanks to my cousin;
- Savannah, Georgia;
- being forced to pull over due to a hail storm while driving through Texas;
- barbecue in Texas;
- and last but not least: Los Angeles, California.
Without any further ado, here are some photos from the USA and, as usual, if you want to see bigger versions of these photos, head on over to my Facebook profile. And follow me if you aren’t already!